As we approach the opening of the Parker House for the 2016 summer season, we would like to pass some information along to patrons, cab drivers and Uber drivers with respect to obeying our local and State statutes.
First and foremost, the Sea Girt Police Department encourages and promotes safe and sober drivers on our streets. Please do not let one bad judgment call ruin your life forever. The Borough of Sea Girt licensed plenty of transportation companies which we encourage you to use. These companies will be conveniently located just outside the Parker House on Beacon Blvd.
Please understand, the Parker House is located in a residential area, perhaps similar to where your parents and grandparents live. We have rules and regulations that must be followed in order to maintain the quality of life for our residents.
1. Please utilize Sea Girt licensed cabs which are conveniently located in the taxi stand just outside the Parker House on the Beacon Blvd side. These cab drivers have current background checks and documented mandatory liability coverage for them and their passengers. The list of companies are:
- Able Transportation, LLC Leon’s Transportation, LLC
- Belmar Reliable Transportation. LLC ML Transportation, LLC
- DM Taxi, LLC New Ocean Transport, LLC
- Eastern Links, Inc. Royal One Transport, LLC
- Heikal Taxi, LLC Squan Transportation Service, LLC
- Homestead Transportation, LLC US Way, LLC
- Junu Generation Taxi, LLC Wally’s Transportation, LLC
- Coast City Taxi, LLC
2. Uber cars are prohibited from using the designated taxi stands for their pickups, they must utilize Beacon Blvd and Ocean Ave (Pavilion parking lot) for pickups.
3. It is unlawful and the Sea Girt Police Department has a zero tolerance policy for any driver picking up or dropping off passengers in any area other than a legal parking space.
IF YOU STOP IN THE STREET TO PICK UP OR DROP OFF PASSENGERS YOU WILL RECEIVE A SUMMONS.
4. Violations for drinking alcohol in public, urinating in public, littering, loud and abusive behavior is not tolerated in Sea Girt. You will be issued a summons and or arrested immediately and face a mandatory court appearance. SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND AN ARREST OR COURT MANDATORY SUMMONS IN JUNE WILL MOST LIKELY MANDATE A SEPTEMBER COURT APPEARANCE. “JUST IN TIME FOR THE START OF COLLEGE”
5. UNDERAGE DRINKING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND ENFORCED AT THE PARKER HOUSE, YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH A CRIMINAL OFFENSE IF YOU POSSESS A FAKE GOVERNMENT IDENTIFICATION. THAT MEANS THE FAKE ID THAT MAY HAVE WORKED IN COLLEGE WILL NOT WORK AT THE PARKER HOUSE.
This year, the Parker House will have employees on duty to monitor lines for underage people. Expect to show ID more than once prior to entering the Parker House.
YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND CARRY A CRIMINAL RECORD FOR IDENTITY FRAUD FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU ATTEMPT TO GET IN WITH THAT FAKE DRIVERS LICENSE.
We hope you enjoy your summer and expect you will respect our neighborhood like your mother and father live here. If you do not follow our rules, you will be charged accordingly without a warning.
THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING