The Borough of Sea Girt Police Department is currently accepting résumés and applications for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer I for the 2019 summer season. The special law enforcement officer position is part-time only. Special law enforcement officers may eventually be considered for full-time employment when there is a vacancy.
The application period opens on October 1st, 2018.
Each applicant MUST provide a résumé along with the basic police application. Each application MUST be handwritten.
Applications can be picked up in person, and completed applications can be dropped off at:
Sea Girt Police Headquarters
319 Baltimore Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
Monday thru Friday ONLY between 9 am and 4 pm.
All applications must be returned in person no later than 4 pm on October 31st, 2018.
ABSOLUTELY NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME
Class I Special Officers are primarily assigned to the beach area to enforce the municipal ordinances in the beach area and assist in enforcing quality of life ordinances. They are also assigned to traffic posts to assist with the movement of traffic and pedestrians within the Borough of Sea Girt. Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be a citizen of the United States; Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey;
- Must be at least 18 years of age; Must be able
read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently;
- Must be sound in body and of good health and be able to perform the physical functions of the duties assigned;
- Must be of
goodmoral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of policeofficer;
- A minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent;
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license in good standing.
Potential applicants will be required to submit to the following selection process:
- Verification of qualifying credentials;
- Verification of a non-disqualifying criminal history;
- Verification of at least three personal references;
- A review of the applicant’s driving history;
- A review of the applicant’s prior law enforcement experience, if any;
- A review of the applicant’s prior work history;
- A review of applicant’s current and past credit history;
- Oral interview.
- Following a conditional offer of employment, applicants are required to submit to a Physical examination, Drug screening; and Psychological/psychiatric examination.
Successful applicants are required to attend a certified police academy and successfully complete a rigorous course of instruction.
Females and minorities are encouraged to submit résumés for consideration. The Borough of Sea Girt is an equal opportunity employer.