The Sea Girt Police Department is currently accepting resumes/applications for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer (SLEO) I & II for the 2021 summer season. The SLEO position is part-time only. SLEO’s may eventually be considered for full-time employment when there is a vacancy.
The application period opens on August 15, 2020.
Each applicant MUST provide a resume along with ALL PAGES of the basic police application.
Each application MUST be handwritten.
Each application MUST be in black ink.
APPLICATIONS NOT FOLLOWING THE ABOVE FORMAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Applications can be picked up in person and completed applications MUST be dropped off in person:
Sea Girt Police Department
Attention: Captain Justin Macko
319 Baltimore Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
Monday through Friday between 09:00 and 17:00 ONLY.
Applications MUST be received no later than 17:00 on September 15, 2020.
ABSOLUTELY NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be a citizen of the United States;
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be able read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently;
- Must be sound in body and of good health and be able to perform the physical functions of the duties assigned;
- Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of police officer;
- A minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent;
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license in good standing.
Potential applicants will be required to submit to the following selection process:
- Verification of qualifying credentials;
- Verification of a non-disqualifying criminal history;
- Verification of at least three personal references;
- A review of applicant’s driving history;
- A review of applicant’s prior law enforcement experience, if any;
- A review of applicant’s prior work history;
- A review of applicant’s current and past credit history;
- Oral interview.
Following a conditional offer of employment, applicants are required to submit to:
- Physical examination;
- Drug screening;
- Psychological/psychiatric examination.
Successful applicants are required to attend a certified police academy and successfully complete a rigorous course of instruction for SLEO II.
Females and minorities are encouraged to submit resumes for consideration.
The Borough of Sea Girt is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Basic Police Application here.