The Sea Girt Police Department is currently accepting résumés and applications for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer II.
- The Special Law Enforcement Officer position is part-time only.
- Special Law Enforcement Officers may eventually be considered for full-time employment when there is a vacancy.
- The application period opens immediately.
- Each applicant MUST provide a résumé along with the basic police application and a copy of valid NJ PTC SLEO II certification.
- Each application MUST be handwritten by the applicant (not typed).
- Applications can be picked up in person or on our website, and completed applications can be dropped off at:
Sea Girt Police Headquarters
Attn: Sergeant Jeremy Sorrentino
319 Baltimore Boulevard
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
Monday through Friday ONLY between 9am and 5pm.
All applications must be returned in person no later than 5pm on August 13th.
ABSOLUTELY NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be a citizen of the United States;
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be able read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently;
- Must be sound in body and of good health and be able to perform the physical functions of the duties assigned;
- Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of police officer a minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent;
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license in good standing;
- MUST possess valid New Jersey PTC SLEO II certification.
The Borough of Sea Girt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download the Basic Police Application here.