Click here for the Basic Police Application.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be a citizen of the United States;
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be able read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently;
- Must be sound in body and of good health and be able to perform the physical functions of the duties assigned;
- Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of police officer;
- A minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent;
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license in good standing.
Potential applicants will be required to submit to the following selection process:
- Verification of qualifying credentials;
- Verification of a non-disqualifying criminal history;
- Verification of at least three personal references;
- A review of applicant’s driving history;
- A review of applicant’s prior law enforcement experience, if any;
- A review of applicant’s prior work history;
- A review of applicant’s current and past credit history;
- Oral interview.
Following a conditional offer of employment, applicants are required to submit to:
- Physical examination;
- Drug screening;
- Psychological/psychiatric examination.
Successful applicants are required to attend a certified police academy and successfully complete a rigorous course of instruction for SLEO II. SLEO I applicants attend a two-week training course.
Females and minorities are encouraged to submit resumes for consideration.
The Borough of Sea Girt is an equal opportunity employer.