The Borough of Sea Girt Police Department is currently accepting résumés for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer for the 2016 Basic Course for Special Officers academy class. The special law enforcement officer position is part-time only. Special law enforcement officers are recruited for, and may eventually be considered for, full-time employment when there is a vacancy.
Applications MUST be received no later than noon on October 16th, 2015.
ABSOLUTELY NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME
Each applicant MUST provide a résumé along with the basic police application.
Class II Special Officers are assigned to various patrol duties within the Borough of Sea Girt. Primary responsibilities of Class II Special Officers are:
- Vehicle / Foot / Bicycle Patrol
- Answer Calls for Service
- Enforcement of N.J. Traffic Codes (Title 39)
- Enforcement of N.J. Criminal Codes (Title 2C)
- Enforcement of Sea Girt Municipal Codes
- Arresting and Processing of Offenders
- Basic Traffic Collision Investigations
- Initiate Investigations
- Court Security
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as Directed by the Chief or OIC
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be a citizen of the United States;
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be able read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently;
- Must be sound in body and of good health and be able to perform the physical functions of the duties assigned;
- Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of police officer
- A minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent;
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license in good standing.
- Potential applicants will be required to submit to the following selection process:
- Verification of qualifying credentials;
- Verification of a non-disqualifying criminal history;
- Verification of at least three personal references;
- A review of applicant’s driving history;
- A review of applicant’s prior law enforcement experience, if any;
- A review of applicant’s prior work history;
- A review of applicant’s current and past credit history;
- Oral interview.
Following a conditional offer of employment, applicants are required to submit to:
- Physical examination;
- Drug screening;
- Psychological/psychiatric examination.
Successful applicants are required to attend a certified police academy and successfully complete a rigorous course of instruction.
Females and minorities are encouraged to submit résumés for consideration.
The Borough of Sea Girt is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Basic Police Application here.